Monday, January 28, 2008

Weekend

I had a great weekend with Russelle, which I really needed after my awful, awful day at work on Friday. I don't like this place. I've been looking for a new job, but I haven't seen anything good for me. That's scary. I don't want my next job just to be another job. I want it to matter, at least to me. My god, who cares about office supplies?

On Saturday Russelle and I made shirts, and by "made," I mean painted circles on. We've got some business ideas brewin'. Then we went shoe skating on the ice rink the city made at the park across the street. I love the ice rink. It's very charming. Later we decided to check out a wine bar I had read about. It's a cozy neighborhood-type bar where everyone knows each other. It was dead at first, but picked up after the DJ arrived and got the dancing started with mad tunes like James Brown and Rick James. Everyone was dancing together, which I love. This one woman, whom I called Hat because she was wearing a hat, had some really fancy footwork. So we commented on it, and Hat told us she has disco lights and a fog machine in her apartment. WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT? Later we were dancing and singing to the Jackson 5, and all of a sudden Hat pointed to me, as if she was pointing me out to someone across the room, and said, "You have a voice!" I laughed and laughed, because I don't.





6 comments:

Jessica said...

WINE BAR?!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

What a woman! Hat sounds like a dream come true.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. My friends don't have fun like that. skating, dancing, wine...that's the life. Oh, and you have pee wee.

Amy said...

I WANT A CIRCLE SHIRT

Erin said...

Let's go out, then! We'll laugh, we'll cry, we'll have a drop or two of wine.

Jessica said...

On a totally unrelated note: I was watching a movie tonight, and they mentioned Zakopane. It just won't go away.