Sunday, February 24, 2008

Northwoods

Yesterday afternoon Russelle took me to her favorite neighborhood bar, the Northwoods Inn. It's like a classier Tally's, for Wisonsinites. We started playing pool in the backroom, because I'm a pool shark now, and these two oldsters from Wisconsin sitting at the bar asked if we wanted to play against them. They were a little rough looking. So we said yes. I'm HORRIBLE at pool, y'all, so the old guys won both games. But it was fine, because the one in the hat bought us beer and told us fun stories about being a hick.

Then Russ took me to some cool shops on Belmont. The third floor of one of the shops had all Army surplus stuff. Who knew gas masks were in? I didn't. Young people in Chicago are really hip. I'm not there yet, but I have a good feeling I will be. My guess is by this time next year, you won't even recognize me I'll be so hip. I'm talking tight pants, giant sunglasses, lots of canteens, maybe a face tattoo.

No comments: