I went to a Stuporbowl party yesterday at Colleen's and Russelle's friends' apartment in Park Ridge (you know, where Hillary's from). I've never watched a Superbowl in my life. Well, the verdict is in: I LOVED the puppy bowl and kitten half-time show. PUPPIES DRINKING OUT OF BOWLS? KITTENS SITTING ON STUFF? I could watch that all day long. Actually, Russ and I left before the 4th quarter because we were tired and missed the exciting end.
I had another good weekend after another bad week. I'm starting to love Chicago for its finds—the neighborhoods, the cute lunch spots, wine bars, quaint shops with switchblades and leather pants. Once you dig into the different neighborhoods, the city becomes more familiar and interesting. It's like a seventysomething-course meal.
I've been living for my weekends lately. I sort of cracked at work last week and had a good old-fashioned meltdown. I'm sure everyone thinks I'm crazy now. Oh well, a meltdown seemed like a good idea at the time. Brendan cracked too, and put in his two weeks on Friday. I would too if I could. Colleen and I got together on Saturday night to look for jobs and motivate each other, but we could only hook up one computer to the internet. So we went to three stores looking for an ethernet cable that splits into two at one end, which apparently we invented. Then we just ended up going out for pizza and drinks. I think that also helps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Stuporbowl, I like it.
Post a Comment