Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cheri

My friend Cheri from Asheville visited me this past weekend, plus some. We didn't do a lot, because SOMEONE got herself sick, but we had a good time bonding. Saturday I showed her my walk to the lake and we climbed around on the ice chunks, which I'm sure is safe. We had lunch in Lincoln Park and walked all the way to the Hancock in the freezing cold. That night we saw a play—Book of Liz, by Amy and David Sedaris. I thought it would be hiLARious, and it should've been, but it wasn't. I was very disappointed. Sunday was day one of being sick, so we watched, like, six hours of 30 Rock and ate soup and Dora popcicles. It was like I had a sick daughter. But a giant daughter who's, like, smart and stuff.

Cheri left this morning and, I'll tell you, Peewee misses her sick blanket friend. I also miss coming home to someone to eat with and watch TV with. And someone who fixes stuff. She fixed my drain and window, so it doesn't rattle in the wind (just by locking it, but still—I never would've figured that one out).

We missed Amy of course (she considered flying up at the last minute), but it was also good to spend time with Cheri alone. I haven't known those two very long, but even though they live so far away, we're becoming closer and closer. I feel like we were meant to be friends. I met Amy my junior year in college, in web authoring/nerd class. A few days into the semester, I looked at Amy and for some reason thought, "I'm going to sit by that nerd next time." And I did and we became friends. Wait a minute, am I drunk? Do you want to know my life story?





2 comments:

Amy said...

Tell me more about your life story... :)
I'm glad you guys had a good time together. It makes me feel like writing a ballad about Cheri and Erin.

Erin said...

It all started on a cold January day in 1984 at William Beaumont Hospital... Yada, yada, yada, now I'm awesome.