Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

Russelle and I decided to get dressed up (in dresses) and go out to dinner. She picked the place weeks ago, but didn't tell me and instead gave me clues. I'm a little slow, but I eventually figured it out the day before. It turned out to be a restaurant called Chalkboard, which was very small and charming and had an interesting, detailed menu. I had the fried chicken because I am classy.

I generally don't care about Valentine's Day. I think the last time I had plans for Valentine's Day was when MY MOM and I saw How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, then went to dinner and spent the entire time asking ourselves why we saw that movie. We had a very annoying Valentine's Day celebration at work that I of course pretended not to know about, even though the woman who organized it sent an email every day to remind us. But it was fun to go out to a nice restaurant where I'm sure everyone thought we were on a date.


4 comments:

Amy said...

You can buy a whole fried chicken RESTAURANT in North Carolina for $26. Hope it was good!

Erin said...

Actually it made me a little sick. And then I ate it again for lunch. WORTH IT.

Aunt Chris said...

The important question is what was for dessert....

Erin said...

Something the chef created... Chocolate cookie dough egg roll with chocolate ice cream.