Thursday, February 7, 2008

Rock of Lunch Partner

Now that Brendan's leaving, everyone keeps asking me who I'm going to eat lunch with. What am I, 12? Can't I just eat alone at my desk like a LOSER? Maybe I should hold auditions for a new lunch partner. I'll call it Rock of Lunch Partner or Age of Lunch Partner or Flavor of Lunch Partner. Or Average Lunch Partner Hawaii. Or Temptation Cafeteria! And instead of a rose ceremony, I'll have a sandwich ceremony: "I'm giving a sandwich to Craig because he really opened up to me today about his past lunch partners. I'm not giving a sandwich to Lisa, because she gave me a funny look when I took a bite of her quesadilla, and I just don't need that drama in my life right now." Or, "Heather, will you continue to stay in this cafeteria and rock my lunch?" (Vh1, are you reading this? Why are you not hiring me right now?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you sign up for auditions? I love bbq chicken pizza's for lunch, do you?

Jessica said...

I'd be your lunch partner. I'd even sneak us wine in a flask.

Anonymous said...

I don't even work there and now I'm in.

Anonymous said...

I think, to make the game a little more interesting, you should bring in a surprise guest half-way through to keep everyone on edge. And who might that surprise guest be, you ask? Buffy. Or Peewee.

Lovesies,
David Dillon