Monday, April 2, 2007

At Work

I'm writing from work on my lunch break because my laptop died this weekend. I was at Best Buy on Saturday to get a VCR, except, newsflash, it's not 1995 and no one sells VCRs anymore, so I bought The Office instead, and as I was standing in line I saw the Geek Squad corner and thought, "Hm, there's the Geek Squad. I hope I never have to go there." And then my computer wouldn't start on Sunday morning, so I went to the Geek Squad. They said it would cost $400. My new plan is to buy a new computer and then cry over my lost money.

Other than that, my weekend was calm. I fixed my bike (and by that I mean I pumped air in the tires and screwed the pedals back on), framed more things for my living room wall, made a nice dinner-for-one on Saturday and watched The Office and laughed a lot, and yesterday went to Ikea with Colleen. I also got a package from Miss Bobbie that made my day (hint, hint, send me things): homemade (!) cookies and Easter Peeps from Miss Bobbie's House of Peeps—Miss Bobbie's Peep Emporium—Miss Bobbie's South Carolina Peep Plantation—Miss Bobbie's "Kiss My Peeps" Shoppe—I could go on.

I found out from the guy at the bike shop about the Evanston Bike Club, which does group rides for all levels. They also eat a lot. I'm sold. So I'll go to the meeting next week and join.