Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My weekend at home was too short. I spent Friday night catching up on my stories (American Idol) on the couch with the blanket and two cats. On Saturday my mom and I went through my every last belonging in my room and she made me save a couple dolls for my future daughter. Sunday I had a computer scare because the guy who's rescuing the data from my old laptop said he probably wouldn't be able to get the files. I have all my writing on that computer—it would be heartbreaking to lose it all. But turns out he was able to get everything.

Tonight I went to the Evanston Bike Club's April meeting and joined. I was BY FAR the youngest one there. I'm talking a good forty, fifty years younger. Although I did have on a sweater vest, so I sort of fit in. I met a nice older gentleman, Ben (one of the younger ones—probably in his fifties). I like Ben. He seems normal. He explained to me some of the rides and the ride leaders, and advised me to stay away from Dave's rides because he's weird. Ben later pointed him out to me by saying, "He's the one with the sideburns and bad comb-over." Say no more, Ben. I also met one of the club officers and sat next to him at the officers' table while everyone spoke. He was a close talker. Then after all the business was taken care of, this sixty year-old woman got up to give a presentation/Power Point slide show about her cross-country ride, which I thought would be interesting because I'd like to do that some day. Well, it took fifteen minutes for her and three other old guys to figure out the projector. In the meantime she entertained the crowd by telling us her life story. By this point I'm thinking, "I gotta get out of here." She finally got the slide show started and said, "It was a twenty-six-day ride, and I have slides for every day." On that note, I turned to the officer (whose name I don't remember probably because he didn't give me a moment of silence to think) and said, "I'm sorry, but I have to get going." Luckily these meetings are once a month. I'm excited to get out and ride with people—especially along the lake. Old Close-Talking Man said it's an absolutely lovely ride, while clutching my arm.

My bud (Kelly) is coming this weekend! She decided tonight. Her train route involves taking a bus to Battle Creek, so I better make it worth the pervs she thinks she'll meet on the bus. I'll even turn the heat on for her. I can't wait.



How humiliating!