Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Priceless

Well, I couldn't possibly have a better story about the Office Olympics. Because I fell down. I fell down big time, and it was on TV. You can watch it here: http://wgntv.trb.com/news/local/aroundtown/

Of course the ONE clip they use is the one of me falling. Everyone said, "Don't worry. I don't think you were on camera." Later I ran into my boss, her boss, and another woman in the hallway (none of whom were even at the Olympics, I think), and they said, "How are you doing? You know you're on the web?" I said, "I know that. How do you know that?" It got around. In our afternoon team meeting my boss said she was in a bad mood, and my new teammate, Greg, said, "Just go to WGN.com." Brendan's mom even sent him a text message that said, "I watched WGN this morning. Who's the girl that fell?" I keep going from wanting to die to cracking up. I've been telling everyone it was a dive. But it wasn't even worth it in the end, because my team came in third...out of three.

You'll see a couple seconds of Clips the Chicken in the video. That's my coworker Jim in the suit. I saw him at six this morning in the cafeteria and said, "What are you doing here so early?" He said, "I'm going to tell you something, but you can't tell anyone..." Then he pointed to a picture of Clips on the bulletin board. I said, "You're gonna be Clips?" I laughed and laughed. He said, "They talked me into it." He was really embarrassed. So of course I told Brendan and Shannon. Falling, chicken suits... It was a day of classic comedy.