Thursday, April 5, 2007

Last night I met my Internet Friend (don't judge me) downtown for a beer. She was in the city with her graduate studies group for a conference, so I went out with all of them. I figured, what else am I going to do, besides sit at home and watch Bones and laugh every time they say "Bones"? I can't afford to be choosy when it comes to getting myself out of the house. It's like, "What? You're a hobo? And you want to meet me downtown? I'll bring the booze!" I had fun, but I was a little worried that maybe it was a set-up, and at any moment Chris Hansen would pop up from behind the bar and say, "Do you know who I am?" And I would drop my head in shame and say, "You're Chris Hansen from To Catch a Predator... She said she was twenty-six!"

I'm happy to report that I did not get lost last night. I'm becoming more comfortable driving here, and that means going AT LEAST 15 over the speed limit without a care in the world. I like driving into the city and watching the skyline. And as I left on Lake Shore Drive last night, weaving in between taxis at 60 in a 45, with the lake on the right and lighted buildings on the left, I said, "I can't believe I live here now."

Tonight I'm going to the Blackhawks/Red Wings game. I'm a sports fan now. I'm going to paint my face like David Puddy.