I don’t know what happened to being young and having energy for things like eating and sitting up, but I have closed the book on that chapter of my life. Now I’m all about minimal-effort Lean Cuisine and going to bed at 9. My dream is to have someone drive me home from work in a big car with a bed, and a chef spoon-feeds me pre-chewed gourmet dinners. The only thing I have energy for these days is watching American Idol, and even that takes a lot of out me. Three days? Three days I have to commit myself to this? I’m exhausted just thinking about it.
So I got to thinking, something doesn’t feel right. Maybe I shouldn’t be looking at my watch every night at 8:00 and saying, “I CAN’T BELIEVE IT’S SO LATE.” Well, thanks to WebMD, I have been able to diagnose myself with anemia. That’s right, I’m anemic now. It’s not so bad. I get to take a self-prescribed anemia nap under my desk every afternoon from 1 to 5. And I get to eat ice cubes out of the buffet tables in the cafeteria. All the things I was doing anyway, but now I have a reason.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This also gives you an excuse to eat a nice, juicy steak... If you're into that sort of thing. Or you can eat a hamburger. Or some nice leafy spinach. They all have nice, tasty iron, which combats anemia.
You're not anemic, girl. You are living in the midwest and its winter. It's cuz you haven't seen the sun in forever. When Spring actually shows itself...we are going to feel like crazies let outta the looney bin.
I'm with aunt chris on this one, winters here in Chicago can be hard to get through (they suck the life out of you). Luckily Chicago offers great actives to get through the winter... all of which i can't think of now, but i know we have a lot.
Post a Comment