Sunday, March 9, 2008

Anniversary, part two

First of all, why is Rock of Love not on tonight? I am wiggin' out. How can I start my week without knowing what weird new things that hot lady Bret Michaels is turned on by?

Russ asked me if I've been reflecting about my year in Evanston. It's been a good year. I've been lucky to meet some good people and to experience some great Chicago finds. It can only get better, too, if I ever find the right job for me. Yesterday Russ told me her business plan for us. I've been thinking about my career life a lot, and we both believe that the key to happiness is to start your own business. Luckily Russ is in business school, because I don't exactly have a mind for business. I'd just be like, "You know what would be fun? If we wore costumes." I think if we're really serious and put a lot of work into it, her plan could be very rewarding (fun). More later.

Speaking of finds, last night we went to my new favorite wine bar for some wine and dancing. Plus, tomorrow is Russ's birthday, so I asked Aunt Chris to make her a cake, because she is the best pastry chef in the world. Today I met her and her daughter Natalie in Lincolnshire for a late lunch and to pick up the cake. You two crack me up. The cake is beautiful, but I haven't tried it yet. I think tomorrow. It will get me through the day. Cake is a big motivator for me.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I thought you were having the cake last night...it would have helped to cheer you in the absence of Brett and his bandana.

I hope we didn't freak you out with all our chattiness...we can't help it.

Jessica said...

I made a cake for Emily to celebrate her mentor position. It's probably not as pretty as yours but still awesome. :)