Monday, September 24, 2007

Show

My friend Val came into the city on Saturday to see Ani Difranco, and she invited me to go with her. First I met her at her friend Chad's apartment in Lincoln Park and we had lunch. Chad told me I look like a girl he went to high school with, so when we got back to his apartment he showed me a picture of her and I did not find her attractive. I was like, "I don't see it..." Then Val and I took the L downtown to the Auditorium Theatre. We looked for a place to have a drink before the show, but could only find...wait for it...Bennigan's!

I don't really know Ani Difranco's music, because I mostly listen to what 55 year-old truck drivers listen to, but it was a great show. The Auditorium Theatre inside reminded me of the Fox, although I think the Fox is more ornate. Val had gotten really good seats—third row in the pit. A musician named Melissa Ferrick opened—she was good AND funny. Both had high energy and we danced a lot. Val said the Asian guy from one of the Law & Orders was sitting across the aisle from us. I'm not so sure.






This is how close we were.