Thursday, September 13, 2007

Prepare for Winter

Last night I walked to the beach and sat in the lifeguard tower. The wind was cool, the sand was cool—it was great. I'm enjoying the new chilly temps. To kick off the winter season, as my grandma already has, I'd like to share this email she sent me (with her permission).

I know it seems a little early to think about it but you should. Chicago can get socked with some good snow storms—especially if they catch lake effects off Lake Michigan. You might have another 3 hours ride home some day. Things to have in your car:
1. Tough WARM boots. Not fancy ones but WARM ones. Who cares what they look like if you have to walk. You can keep them in your backseat and no one will see them.
2. A hat
3. Mittens. NOT gloves.
4. Scarf
5. An old blanket
6. An old rug. This can be used if you are on ice and will give you traction.
7. Stash some food in your glove compartment. Some granola bars, a candy bar, gum, etc.
8. A long handled brush to brush the snow off your windshield.
9. Maybe a small shovel
10. Flashlight
11. Keep your gas tank filled.
If you need any of these items put an X next to it for a Christmas gift. Just want my lovey to be safe and sound.