They got in late on Friday, so we just walked into town for a low-key drink. Saturday we rode the L into the city, walked a lot and had Chicago hot dogs for lunch. I don't know if you know this, but I love hot dogs. We also went to H&M to dress Erik for the evening. I took them to the Heartland Cafe in Rogers Park for dinner. It's my new favorite place. Then we went to an upstairs club called The Apartment in Lincoln Park. I think it's called The Apartment because it has beds. Unfortunately the bed area was roped off, otherwise what a perfect time and place for a nap, right? I'm too goofy for the club scene, but it was fun. No one was dancing when we got there, so Erik and I decided we'd get it started for everyone. We're really, really good dancers.
Yesterday we had a relaxing day at the beach in Rogers Park, and dinner outside at a bar in Lincoln Park. Then we met our friend Melissa and her friends for a drink...of water and headed home early.
It's nice to have visitors. My mom's coming in two weeks. I feel like I'm running a hostel, without the bunk beds and Germans.

I made a list of things we could do. Then Erik made a list of things from my list.

Kelly brought her clothes in a box.

Breakfast at the bakery.

Statues on Roosevelt and Michigan.

Buckingham Fountain


Millennium Park









How did my mom get in this picture? Oh God, that's me.