Saturday we went to a couple of architectural salvage places, Salvage One and Jan's. It was mostly just me saying things like "Will you buy me this pram?" "Will you buy me this cowboy rug?" "Will you buy me this baptismal?" "Will you buy me this statue of Jesus knocking at my door?" Salvage One was a very cool space—three floors! Jan's was crazy and cluttered with mazes of weird junk. Both are in the Greek Town area, so we had lunch at Greek Islands. I read the words "meat pie" on the specials menu and was like, "Say no more, I'm sold." Later we moseyed through the Wine Crush (street festival) in Old Town and had a glass of mediocre chianti. Then we went to Webster's Wine Bar in Lincoln Park for dinner and had a bottle of Rioja, followed by a flight each and a snack at the Stained Glass in Evanston. I was still hungry.
Yesterday we walked around Evanston and had lunch at a Japanese place. Then my mom cooked me a lot of food while I pretended to help by chopping carrots! Now the freezer is full of chicken gluck (a Shelton Family favorite) and pinto beans. Oh, and my mom also bought me Corona so I could have a use for the rest of the lime we bought for the guacamole. We're so economical.

Salvage One







"Will you buy me this toilet chair?"

Now that's a real man's lunch. Eaten by someone who's dressed like an 80 year-old woman.

Jan's

I NEED ONE OF THESE OF PEEWEE.

"Will you buy me this bust of naked black people?"

Relapse!