Monday, June 4, 2007

Peewee's Big Adventure*

I'm sitting here with a cat next to me, licking my arm. She licked the cactus earlier. She wasn't phased.

My mom brought Peewee yesterday. She was spooked for a while and investigated the apartment on a continuous loop before settling down. I worried about her all day, being here alone for twelve hours. She was so happy to see me when I got home I nearly cried. It must be stressful. It's weird to have her here, just the two of us. She's been following me around at my feet, and every now and then gets a look in her eyes that says, "WAIT. Where am I?" I hope she'll be okay in a few days.














My friend Val came to visit on Saturday. We walked to town and had lunch, then walked to the beach. It was a beautiful day, but very warm, and I didn't have my air conditioner yet (that came on Sunday because my mom and Robert bought it for me as part of cat support, which Robert had said he would pay long before I decided to take Peewee. So now I've been claiming everything as cat support, like, "I need a vacuum cleaner for CAT SUPPORT," or, "I need TiVo FOR CAT SUPPORT"). Val and I met Colleen and Christine (our friend from high school who was visiting Colleen) for dinner in Lincoln Park, then Val and I went out in the Andersonville neighborhood. We danced a lot and made up a new dance move because we dabble in choreography. Val held my head at arm's length while I pretended to try to punch her, like brothers. Or maybe we were actually fighting. Oh, who can remember. You'll see it in the clubs soon.

At lunch Val asked if I had heard from Allen the Real Estate Agent or Married Dan lately. I said no, and probably never will, and that's fine with me. Well, they BOTH called me that day. I didn't hear my phone ring both times, but only returned Married Dan's call. He told me to call him some time, and I said, "Oh, Dan, I don't call people."



I saw one!




HAHAHAHA.




* My mom emailed me last week and said, "I have a good title for your next blog: Peewee's Big Adventure."