Monday, June 11, 2007

Slow Weekend

On Saturday I went for a long walk and found a cute neighborhood pet store called The Fish Bowl or Not Just a Fish Bowl or Pet Smart. I bought Peewee what is supposed to be a catnip cigar but ended up looking like a giant log of poop. She LOVES IT.

When I walked to town I saw a little boy sitting on a stool in his front yard while his mom pulled weeds. From a couple houses away I could see that he was waving a piece of paper at me. I thought, Oh no, what's this about? because you know how good I am with kids. Then when I got closer I saw it was a picture he'd drawn. He asked sweetly, "Would you like to buy a picture?" I said, "Oh, no thanks" and continued walking. Ha! Ahh, I'm so mean. But, to be fair, it wasn't very good.

I went to a movie on Saturday night (Waitress—it was okay). I like that I can walk to the theater here, too. There are two good things about going to a movie alone. One, you can pretty much sit anywhere you want. Two, you can eavesdrop on great pre-movie conversations. Like the old ladies on either side who complained about how violent and awful Ghost Rider (aka, "the burning movie") looked, and said, "We don't have to go to that one." I wanted to tell them, "This is a commercial for the DVD."