Peewee and I are having the time of our lives. Eating ice cream, drinking wine, talking, not talking... We have a fun new game where I lie on the floor and pretend I'm dead and she pretends that she doesn't care. I've also found that she likes when I sing "You're sixteen, you're beautiful, and you're mine." Well, she hasn't said she DOESN'T like it. She cried for a couple nights and kept me up, and she's afraid of the new noises (air conditioner, extreme winds rattling the windows, someone letting the door slam downstairs), but I think she's settling in. I still hate to leave her in the morning.
It's very hot here today, so I'm thrilled I asked the maintenance man to install my air conditioner on Monday. Mom and I tried to install it ourselves when she was here, but it was just a lot of "Are you holding it? You got it? Don't drop it! Are you holding it?" "YES, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I'M HOLDING IT," and then my mom cut her finger and we were done. Plus I didn't want to drop it out the window like a certain uncle once did.
