Monday, January 12, 2009
The snow, it never stops
Saturday it snowed all day and, for the first time since living here, I had to dig out my car. Like with a real shovel. Which I didn't have. So I walked up to the hardware store in the driving snow to buy one. But my Winter Paranoia was SURE they had sold out of shovels in a mad shovel rush, so first I called them and said, "HI DO YOU HAVE SHOVELS I NEED A SHOVEL. SHOVELS!" The girl was like, "Um, yeah, we have shovels." I wanted to say, "OH MY GOD, PLEASE HOLD ONE FOR ME, I'LL BE THERE IN TWENTY MINUTES." To which she would've said, "Um, we have, like, a hundred shovels." To which I would've said, "JUST GRAB THE FIRST ONE YOU SEE, MY NAME IS ANASTASIA BEAVERHAUSEN, I'M ON MY WAY PLEASE STAY ON THE PHONE WITH ME."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment