Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas, Part II

Oooh, girl! Was this the best Christmas ever or what? Have you had two Fat Tires within an hour or WHAT? I'll never tell!
So let's spin my favorite hits of Christmas 2008.

On Christmas day it was sunny and warm, and we went for a walk down to the gazebo at the roundabout. I was in short sleeves.

I "talked" my mom into doing a Christmas special. Here's how that exchange went:
Me: Mom, I think we should do a Christmas—
Mom: Okay, I'll get my fur gloves!

Amy and Cheri came over on Christmas and the five of us drove down to the waterfalls at Creston before having a dinner of Robert's Famous Roast Beast, plus Yorkshire puddings and many glasses of wine.

The day after Christmas we all went to Miss Bobbie's in South Carolina, where we exchanged gifts and I finally got to see what she made me for Christmas: maxi pad slippers! Super longs for my dainty ladies' feet, and bejeweled with faux stones and pink fur. Among other things. But the slippers were the talk of Christmas.

Saturday we—with another Creston couple—went for a hike to Catawba Falls, the trail head starting in Old Fort (Fart). It was an exciting hike, with river crossings, felled tree crossings, and rock climbings. Good off-trail exploring opportunities. The falls were beautiful, and the girls and I (and Amy and Cheri) climbed further up the muddy, slippery trail alongside the falls to stand halfway up the stacked rocks.

Amy cut my hair. I needed a hair cut and, although not a licensed beautician, Amy regularly cuts Cheri's hair with real hair-cuttin' scissors. And that was free enough for me, y'all! I'm back, y'all!


Fog, from the balcony at the Hendry House.








The walk on Christmas day.









The falls at Creston.









They're warm AND absorbent!

My mom had Michael's name, so she knitted him a hat (and I use the term loosely) and scarf. Something he will most definitely wear normally.

A typical shot of Robert at a family gathering. Probably dreaming of Kit Kats.



The start of the Catawba Falls hike.











My mom, the professional hiker equipment buyer.























2 comments:

Lickolas said...

I love the slippers but the picture of you getting your hair cut is priceless.

Christine said...

A couple of things:

Your hair is getting really long.

I want to join your family. For serious.

If your feet sweat, you are all set.