Thursday, September 11, 2008

Weekend with Amy

Amy came for the weekend. A long weekend—Friday afternoon to Monday evening. [Side note: Amy recently recorded a demo of her music, and I'm really proud of her. Side, side note: she let me design the insert and I'm really proud of me. Now I'd like to plug her website: amyburritt.com.] We had a really good time. I "made" dinner on Friday by thawing some frozen spaghetti sauce I had made three weeks before. Then we walked to the lake and might have gone in. It was chilly and dark, but I hadn't been swimming this season, so it was my last chance.

Saturday I drove us through nightmarish traffic due to that Red Bull Flugghgghggghhhtaaag to Navy Pier, where we went on the Ferris wheel and walked around and watched the gray water. The view from the top of the Ferris wheel is very exciting. Saturday night we had a wonderful, fancier-than-normal dinner+flights at my favorite restaurant in Evanston—the Stained Glass. Then to a late 11pm show at Second City—No Country for Old White Men—which was very funny and beyond my expectations. Most of the show was scripted, then we stuck around for the post-show improv. I had some favorite cast members and hope to see them in another show again.

Sunday we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo. A lot of the animals weren't out, but I still liked it. I especially loved the big garden near the entrance and the buildings in the background.

Monday it rained. We walked to the beach in the morning, picked up Chicago hot dogs and came back here for some Chicago beer and Will & Grace. Amy was here when my mom called to tell me about Charlie, and I was very glad.














No comments: