In the meantime, my mom has already gotten an offer for another cat. Poor Harvey won't know what to do without his big brother, so we think he might like a new sister. There's a cat that lives at the community center at Creston—she showed up on top of the mountain one day and the developers took her in and named her Star—after Star Jones, we think. She IS black and has a trunk full of wigs. The developers don't spend much time there anymore, so they asked my mom if she'd like to take her. Maybe.
We had fun, too. Saturday we drove out to the house so I could see the progress. The official move-in date is mid-October. My mom gave me a tour and I picked out my bedrooms for me and Pee. We'll love our terrace bedroom, and our cozy window seat. Everyone came over for dinner that night. Robert made his ribs. Miss Bobbie came with her imaginary boyfriend, David. I was the only one who hadn't met him yet, so I just assumed he didn't exist. My friend Kelly just moved to Charlotte a few weeks ago, so she drove over and spent the night. Sunday we went tubing on a river with Amy and Cheri and a beer cooler. I loved it. You just drift for an hour or so and unstick yourself from rocks. I had a tube with a hole so I could pee whenever I wanted, which was a lot after three beers.
I left Monday and my flight from Asheville to Detroit was delayed four hours. We sat on the plane for two hours while they waited for a mechanic to come from freakin' Bora Bora or some shit. All I know is that they comped the alcohol so I ordered myself a screwdriver tout de suite (they were out of wine).

Front of the house (from the road).

Robert on his stone wall.



Back of the house.

Robert's secret view.

My mom tap dancing on the tap-dancing step.

Me tap dancing in my new terrace room.










Me and my Charlie boy.
2 comments:
Why am I the ONLY one holding a beer in any of these pictures?
My family doesn't drink.
Post a Comment