A few weeks ago I was feeling restless at work and did a search for outdoor jobs in the Chicago area. I landed on the DNR's website and found this workshop called Becoming an Outdoorswoman. It's basically camp for adult women. And... I'm going tomorrow!
It's about six hours southwest of here in Pere Marquette State Park. There are four sessions over three days and a bunch of different courses we could choose from. I really wanted archery, canoeing, shotgun, and rock climbing. But I registered at the last minute, so I ended up with two of my third choices: wild edibles and medicinal plants. However, I did get firearms safety and shotgun! My coworker asked me if this is an attempt to become more like Sarah Palin. Next stop: bangs!
We're staying in some sort of lodging—THAT reminds me, I have to pack ear plugs. If one of those women snores, so HELP me god I will not sleep. Meals are provided, and there's a campfire every night. The welcome packet said we could bring beverages and snacks for socializing around the campfire. I took "beverages" to mean "alcohol." Then my biggest dilemma of the weekend became how to bring beer and keep it cold. I was all, "UGH, COOLER, UGH, ICE." So I got some red wine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
BUG SPRAY!
This camp sounds so weird...and so fun. You're in Girl Scouts!
Girl Power!
Right on, stranger!
Post a Comment