Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Block Party

This weekend I went to a two-day concert event called the Hideout Block Party, put on by the Hideout bar in the city. I went last year too, with Brendan. This year I went with Kelly's friend Rachel, who lives in Rogers Park, and Russ came with us on Sunday.

I wasn't familiar with the bands, as I never am, but I ended up really liking the two headliners, Neko Case and The New Pornographers. I had a good time dancing, especially to the Michael Jackson tribute, which was fun until it got weird, and then it got fun again with their "Thriller" finale. But let me just get real for a minute and stop pretending to be all about the music. Sure, the music touched my soul and made me feel alive or some shit, but what I was really most excited about was the food and the beer. Give me a hot dog and a cheeseburger and a couple of Goose Islands, and the option to also have egg rolls and curry wraps and beef tips, and I could watch John Mayer perform "Say What You Need to Say" for five hours for all I care.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love pretending that I can do the "Thriller" dance.

Amy said...

What? You're not all about the music? What if it's music about hot dogs?

Lickolas said...

You got to see Neko Case, I am officially jealous.