It smells like fall tonight. Or maybe the harbinger of fall. It’s not here yet, but I can feel it, and I’m chomping at the last 80-degree day. Fall is the only inspiring season. It’s the living air—the cool, wild winds and warm leaves. Winter has some great pictures, spring great relief, and summer great tans, but I feel fall.
In East Lansing I took walks a lot at night to feel the crisp air on my face and see the trees glow orange and yellow in the street lights and hear the scratch of leaves under my feet. I wrote once in October that I wanted to blend into fall—see it as it does. I can’t get close enough, no mater how much I stare at the trees or breathe in hints of wood fire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel like I'm watching the earth relax, ready for a nap, all its bright and exciting secrets hidden until spring. It makes me relax as well.
You should probably come to East Lansing and revisit those walks.
Post a Comment