Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

I leave for Asheville this afternoon. I can't wait to have Thanksgiving in the south, even though my mom refuses to make a chicken-fried turkey. It'll be a mixed group this year: Miss Bobbie, of course, is coming from South Carolina. My stepbrother Dave is coming from Norway (and he's Canadian). My dear Asheville friends Amy and Cheri are coming and, they don't know this yet, but I'm putting them in charge of grace. Saying grace, I mean, not having grace.

I feel a little unprepared for this trip because I haven't been drinking as much as I should to raise my tolerance to Hendry House Level. I should've trained harder.

Brendan is taking care of Peewee, since my neighbor Beth moved a couple months ago. When I asked him, we both immediately thought of Angela from The Office. Dwight took care of her cat and she came home to find it in the freezer.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Mmm... Chicken-fried turkey. I wish it was acceptable for me to drink at Thanksgiving #1 with my grandma and great aunt... That would make it better.