Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pen Pal

I volunteered to write the article about what women are doing on Super Bowl Sunday (I know, right?) for February's issue of the Pen Pal. Of course I won't be able to use any of this.

What the hell are women doing on Super Bowl Sunday?

A lot of women watch football. I know that because I’ve seen the commercials for the new NFL women’s apparel. But for those of us who just don’t care, what can we do on Super Bowl Sunday that’s equally as fun and yelly?

1. Go out to dinner
Round up all the gals and go to a restaurant that doesn’t have a TV. Take this precious time to dish about how much your husband or boyfriend or imaginary boyfriend is getting on your nerves. If he’s not, keep it to yourself. No one wants to hear it.

2. Have a movie night
Pick the friend who has the biggest liquor selection (or rack) and wheedle your way into her house. Make her pour you a tall one and pop in Waiting to Exhale, the classic story about friendship and the problems and struggles modern women face in today's world. According to IMDB. I don’t know, I’ve never seen it/cared.

3. Go shopping!
Now’s your chance to get away on your own without the old ball and chain calling every five minutes to ask where something is or where you put his glasses. He’s too busy dropping chips all over the floor right now to care. Oh God, the chips... On second thought, maybe you should stick around the party this year. You know, just in case you like it all of a sudden. You never know. And while you’re there, you might as well keep the Dirt Devil handy. I mean, it couldn’t hurt. You can use it during the commercials. OKAY, SORRY, NOT DURING THE BEER COMMERCIALS.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Your article was very inspiring. Thank you for sharing. I, for one, will be drinking beer and watching football during the Super Bowl. You can come over and vacuum up my chips if you want to.