I was talking to my friend Kate on the phone and she said, "Did you know someone created a blog in response to your blog?" I said, "What? What are you talking about?" Kate had googled my blog (why it's not in her favorites, I'll never know) and got three results. The third result was a blog called "Back At You Erin" and the posts were comments on MY posts. I was like, "WHAT? GET OUT." Kate read me this passage: "Since we can't (aren't allowed, boo hoo) to leave messages and, being of commentative natures, we feel we need to reply to Erin Moves to Evanston. If it makes you feel better, you could consider us fans and not stalkers or anything like that." I said:
Me: Ahhhh! Is this a man or a woman?
Kate: A woman.
Me: Where does she live?
Kate: Illinois!
Me: Oh my God! What if she's outside my window right now? What's her name?
Kate: Aunt Chris!
Me: [hysterical laughing but also fearing for my life]
So while we were on the phone, I found "Back At You Erin" and started reading the posts and the blog description, which is "You found me! Now that you've found me, leave me your contact info so I can return the favor..." Yikes, I thought. I read the About Me—"I like pastry and cats"—and laughed even MORE, then thought, "Hm, she doesn't sound half bad." Then somewhere in the middle of freaking out and laughing, something clicked in my head and I said, "WAIT A MINUTE. I KNOW HER. She's my mom's friends' sister!" I laughed and laughed. Kate was like, "I'm so relieved you know her." Me too. It was looking a little hairy there for a minute.
What I want to know is why Aunt Chris was so sure that I'd find Back At You Erin. Like I sit here searching for blogs about my blog? Oh, Aunt Chris. Just leave a comment already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So the rest of you don't have to spend 20 minutes searching for the "other" blog like I did, here's the address:
http://backatyouerin.blogspot.com/
Let me attempt to alleviate your creeped out, hairy situation. We have been reading the blog for some time after Patti, my sister, led me to it. She's my own private sherpa. My daughter and I love to read it and we always have comments due to the honest, sometimes self-depricating way you write.
You should know that your Mom and my sister used to write stories. She denied knowing anything about one particular one that I mentioned at the wedding. She should recognize, man. It was genius. We still refer to it in our family. So I know that you come by it honestly.
On another note, have you looked into a job at Publicis Groupe? That is where my husband, Christian works. I know you talked to him at the wedding. We were all pretty drunk so don't worry if you don't remember. but if you don't remember, don't apply either. Just kidding.
I gotta go...pastry is calling.
Does this mean that we can all leave comments on your blog now? Because I always comment on your blog in my blog, too. Well, usually. Sometimes... Um. Yeah.
Oh...and I didn't really know if you'd ever find my blog about your blog. I figured...ehhh, maybe she will and maybe she won't. Then, obviously, I wasn't very faithful in writing the blog. It turns out that I am not as funny or clever in writing as I am alone in the office reading your blog.
Wow. A place for comments!!
Sometimes, I am tempted to comment, but the only place for it is in my head and really that only goes so far. Anywho, I don't think we have ever met, BUT our mutual friend is Val.
Val and I lived in the same city for years and use to hang out.;-)
Anywho...funny blog. I enjoy reading it!
Post a Comment