Monday, May 21, 2007

Phase I

I went home this weekend for Phase I of Tear Fest 2007, which might soon become Beer Fest 2007. It's a lot easier to cry into a beer. And much less sad. It's hard to say goodbye to my home, especially when this place doesn't feel like home. But as someone's favorite band, REO Speedwagon, once said, about something completely different, "You know, you know, you know you got to keep on rolling (oh yeah), keep on rolling, roll with the changes." Or, "I know it hurts to say goodbye, but it's time for me to fly." God, how old am I?

Sadly, Tear Fest has gotten even tearier (which can only mean Beer Fest will get even beerier). My mom told me they've decided to put my cat Peewee to sleep. Her mind is going, I guess. I don't really know what to say, other than I can't imagine not having her in my life. She's been by my side for sixteen years. I'll have to say goodbye to her too next weekend.