So you know how I hate U2? Well, maybe not so much hate as wish they'd just stop. And since they have a new album out or something with even more boring songs, they've been EVERYWHERE. As if Bono wasn't already everywhere enough. The other day I was taking a shower and Bono comes in and tells me to hurry up because I'm using up all the water in the world and then he did a duet with his sunglasses about freeing Burma.
Yesterday one of my favorite radio stations in Chicago was doing "U2sday" to celebrate All the Boring Songs, and by the time I was driving home all they were playing was U2. So I switched to the classic rock station AND IT WAS U2! NERDS!
Then I was in Wrigleyville for Russ's birthday dinner, and as I was driving home on Clark I came across this big crowd of people and security swarming the street and sidewalks. I was all, "What is going on here?" And what would you know, I look up at the Metro on my left and the effing marquee says "U-Effing-2." I shook my fist in the air and cried, "Noooooo!" They were doing a surprise "show" in Chicago and that was it. (By show, I mean talk, because I guess they didn't actually play, just talked about how awesome they are for two hours while people looked at their watches.) There's no escape. It's like I'm stuck in a moment and I can't get out of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I just turned on NPR and to my delight there was no sign of U2. It's my safe zone.
Ok, Bono in the shower telling you to hurry up is HI-LAAARIOUS! :D
Jenny laugh-y.
FYI - I'm laying low on my blog right now, 'cuz I have a creepy, pervy stalker who, oh yeah, is my ferking NEIGHBOR and, oh yea, is 70 ferking years old. Huzzband's confronted him, he admitted shit. But isn't stopping... AUUUUUGGGGHHHH!!! Trying to decide what to do... *here is where Jenny projectile vomits on the dog*
Sorry about the shower incident Erin, I just really needed to get in there.
Jen: Yikes, that is creepy. Maybe you should start dropping hints in your blog that you were once a man. That might work.
Bono: It's okay, I secretly liked it. Don't tell The Edge.
Bono called. He's mad cuz you use that Nad's Sugar Hair Removal stuff. Something about how it could feed 100 Ethiopian children for a week...
Yeah, we're gonna call the police on Pervy McWingnut... Film at eleven.
Post a Comment