We went to Oak Park on Saturday to see Frank Lloyd Wright's home and studio, and I tried to tell her that Oak Park is the national Peta headquarters and Pam Anderson is going to throw paint on you. But she didn't believe me. I really liked FLW's crib, which surprised me because I thought for sure I'd be bored to tears and collapse into a roped-off 200-year-old chair. But I like his style and his stained glass a lot. I was so inspired, in fact, that I decided I want to be an artist now. I made my mom go with me to the art supplies store the next day. But it turns out art supplies are expensive. So I got a piece of poster board and some Sharpies.
Saturday evening we met Christine and Russ for a drink in Evanston, which was so fun and very winey. My mom and Christine had a good time catching up and reliving the good old (and I do mean old, HEY OH!) days in Detroit. Then my mom, Russ, and I went to dinner at another wine bistro in the city. Sunday my mom made a big batch of almond chicken and I've been eating it for lunch and dinner ever since.

Peewee likes it when her real mumma visits because she makes real food with, like, meat in it. Here she is emerging from her cave of blankets and saying, "It's BACON!"

The Frank Lloyd Wright home.

The side, near the studio entrance.


One of the FLW houses in the neighborhood—his first in Oak Park.

Wine time!

Peewee in her quilt tunnel.
1 comment:
Oh, so fun to read this! I bought my current home, because the stained glass that surrounds the front door is Frank Lloyd Wright-esque. As is the dining room chandelier (which the previous owners left for us)!
(Pssst! Don't tell anybody, but I have a Craftsman-style china cabinet. From COSTCO. I said don't tell anybody!)
I love the pictures!
Post a Comment