Sunday, March 8, 2009

My cats

Today at the cat shelter I visited with the cats in the isolation rooms for the first time. That's where they keep the sick cats and the strays that have just been admitted to the shelter. The cats are in cages and don't get many visitors because the health code is strict. You have to bleach your shoes when you enter and leave, wear scrubs, wash your hands between every cage. And they recommend, if you have pets, to take off your clothes before you enter your house. So disrobed in the hallway and left my clothes in a pile that looked, in case my neighbor saw them, like I had melted. I love cats.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, that is so sweet. I've always been a dog person and have been a-sceered of cats. Prolly because my Mom has a psycho-evil cat that seriously tries to disembowel me whenever I visit.

This warmed me a little. A little...