Thursday, May 22, 2008

Reply to all

The other day we received a company-wide email that said we have to create a "secret question and answer" for system access when we call the IT help desk. Apparently it's a new precaution to prevent fraud, but I think it's just IT's plan to find out everyone's secrets. For example, my secret question is "Were you ever arrested for being drunk and pantsing that cop in front of Barnes & Noble on Grand River, even though he deserved it because he called you 'Ma'am' and you were 22, who the hell calls a 22 year-old 'Ma'am'?" Answer: "Yes."

The email also said to send our secret question and answer only to the woman who sent the email. I thought, Well, this can't be good.

Today everyone in the company got this hilarious chain of emails:

"Name of pet you did not like? POLLY."

"Poor Polly"

"Do not reply to all when sending your secrete question!!!"

"Why am I seeing this?"

"Why am I receiving all these emails? Im confused lol"

"ITS ALL BECAUSE SOME ONE WAS NOT NICE TO A SILLY BIRD."

"can i please be removed from the email list? thank you"

"NO. Your seeing this because the Reply to All button is right next to the Reply button and we only read what we think we need to. And Mariza. You need a new secret question, because all of quill now know yours."

"I think this is going to a bunch of us who don't need to be receiving these."

"Why I do I have all these e mails?"

No comments: