Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Dancing With Cats

Today I received an unexpected Christmas gift from my friend Nick (also my mom's friends' son), so of course I opened it right away. It's a book called Dancing With Cats, and as far as I can tell, it's not a joke, even though it's full of pictures like this:



Apparently there's a whole WORLD of cat dancing out there. These are exciting times for cat owners! Did you know cat dancing is an ancient art? And that it cures depression and makes people more outgoing? And that there are people who actually teach cat dancing? At least in New Zealand, where these two nutjob authors are from. This is what they say in the introduction: "We will probably never know for sure why cats dance with us. We do know that some kind of energy is released in the process that can have a profound effect on human beings and probably on cats as well."

This is what one cat dancer says about her cat: "He's a Scorpio and I have the sun in Pisces, so there's a good deal of karmic support. Also our auras usually match, and numerologically we're both Eights, which makes for a strong psychic bond." I don't understand what any of those words are, but I think I found my new winter hobby.






7 comments:

Lickolas said...

I like the moves you got. I think I smell a sequel.

Anonymous said...

bud, I must leave my first comment ever because I have to tell you that my sun sign is in Scorpio and I always love Pisces..so I know exactly the connection she is speaking of. Also, this post made my night.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to say that your cat doesn't seem to be dancing. But you, my dear, got it goin on.

Lickolas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lickolas said...

I must give credit to my Aunt Chris for turning me onto this book. It has literally made my holidays.

Anonymous said...

Damn straight Nick...gotta give the props.

Anonymous said...

I want to know so badly what the deleted comment was....