Thursday, July 5, 2007

Fourth of July

I went to the beach yesterday morning, and—the last two times I went to the beach I ended up with a weird sunburn pattern on my back where I couldn't reach with the sunscreen. So because I'm such a freaking genius, I went to the hardware store and bought a small paint roller to put it on with. It was really funny and really sad at the same time. Then this morning on the news they were showing innovative ways to apply make-up by using household tools, and one tool was a paint roller.

I had a good Fourth. It started on Tuesday night when I went to Brendan's house in Niles for their fireworks. They were sort of weird. They were accompanied by music. I wished I had been at Navy Pier instead, because now that I have the south in me, I want my fireworks to be bigger and better.

Yesterday Colleen and I went downtown to the Taste of Chicago to see John Mayer. He wasn't bad. At the end he did "Sweet Home Chicago" with Buddy Guy (I didn't know who he was) and that was fun—to see the whole crowd singing and dancing. Colleen brought her boyfriend Matt's comforter so we could sit on it, then we would leave it in the park when we were done. Haha, DUH. It made sense to her. So we lugged the thing all the way on the L and through crowds of people, sweating all over it in the sun, then when we got to the lawn there was no room to spread it out, so we set it down and didn't use it once. Then we abandoned it after the concert and ate some food.

I didn't bring my camera, which we both complained about the whole time. So I thought I'd do some artistic renderings.




Here is Colleen holding the comforter on the L.



Here we are abandoning the comforter in a crowd of people.



Here is Colleen putting a slice of fudge in the pocket of her white dress.



Here I am eating fried okra.



Here I am eating beer-battered artichoke hearts.



Here we are eating blue raspberry Italian ice.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I love the drawings! They're so accurate. I had a good time yesterday. I can't wait for the "pictures" that follow our trip to Six Flaggs.

Amy said...

You are a creative GENIOUS. And your stories are so funny. You know, the one "artistic rendering" where you're abandoning the comforter ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE YOU.
Wow.
Cheri's birthday is Saturday. I think you should draw a portrait of yourself for her. I know she would frame it and hang it on her wall. :)

Jessica said...

Erin = geinus.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear.... you look like you've lost weight!