Sunday, July 22, 2007

Boats

Whenever Colleen and I get together, we always talk about how much we want a boat. It's always like we're saying it for the first time: "You know what I really want?" "What?" "A boat." "Me too!" Yesterday I drove down Lake Shore looking at all the boats anchored out in the lake and people sunning themselves and swimming off the sides and I thought it must be nice to have money and friends.

Colleen and I first talked about boats over cupcakes at the cupcake shop, then we talked about boats over dinner. The initial plan was for me to meet someone with a boat. But I can't even meet someone without a boat, so the chances of that are slim. We thought maybe I should put on Match.com, "I will only date you if you have a boat." Dr. Phil would probably tell me that's not good dating etiquette. But I bet Dr. Phil has a boat, so he can shut it. Then we decided we can just go in on a boat together, in our minds. We'll name her the Erlleen. I want the Erlleen to have a pool and a large deck for my segway scooters. Colleen said we can make cupcakes to sell to the other boaters. Maybe that's how we'll pay off the Erlleen.