Monday, March 19, 2007

Weekend Update

My mom swooped in like Mary Poppins last weekend and now my apartment looks great. Actually I don't remember what Mary Poppins is about. I'd invite people over if I had any friends. (I told my boss that I know one person in the city, and she said, "Oh honey, we have to get you some friends." She told me to meet people at the grocery store. So the next time I'm getting ham from the deli counter and the girl asks, "Can I get you anything else?" I think I'll say, "Yes, I'd like one pound of...your friendship.") And she brought everything I had left behind in my moving panic.

On Saturday morning we took the El downtown because I wanted to see them dye the river green, but of course we missed it. We were too early and didn't have the time or the fur coats to wait. So we got back on the El, then drove to Ikea where I bought a dining room table and chairs and a rug for the living room. Funny story about the table...I started putting it together on Saturday night while we were making enchilladas and maybe drinking wine. Then I was sidelined because one set of screws was too short for the piece. My mom and I were REALLY mad at Ikea all night. Turns out I was just drunk and had the part upsidedown. Oops! The next day we laughed and laughed—me more than her.

On Sunday we put this place together, I showed my mom where I work, she bought me some plants, we took a trip to the lake, and made soup, which we ate at a real table. It was a great weekend. Now I'm alone again and looking forward to my next guest.









I found a place to get my wigs and hair.




Before the screw incident.


This guy was taking pictures and/or video of his dogs.










This is my bike closet. The silver bike is for my guests.