Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Melting Pot

My dear friend Val was in the city yesterday, so we met for dinner downtown at The Melting Pot. It was so good to see a familiar face and to have someone to laugh with. We ate a lot and had the cheapest bottle of wine. Then I of course got lost on the way home because my Google Maps directions had me take a road that appeared to end. After all the panicking and map-gripping, I got home way past my bedtime and was too tired to iron anything for today, so I wore the same shirt I wore last night because I figured, "I only had it on for a few hours. WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT?" Well, a lot. It wasn't until I got to work that I realized I reeked of coq au vin fondue (which I'm pretty sure was confused for BO at some point) and had chocolate stains down the front.

I signed up for the Office Olympics yesterday because it's the funniest thing I've ever heard of. A woman from somewhere in the company sent an email to every department asking for ten more participants. I thought, "Who wouldn't want to do this?" until I found out I have to be there at 6am—after I volunteered, of course. I emailed her today and asked her what sort of events I should start training for, and she said, "For sure we will be doing these three events again: the Ream Race, Chicken Frisbee, and the Chair-iot race. Three new events will be added (of these, one is still up for discussion and to be decided on): Build a Binder Castle, Collation Quest, Create a Logo with Post-Its, and/or The Recycling Contest." HAHAHAHAHAHA. She told me to stop by her cubicle if I want to look at pictures from last year or borrow the DVD, so I'll do that tomorrow when I don't smell so bad. Also, apparently the olympics were on TV last year. I don't know what channel, but I'm assuming ESPN.



I walked past The Redhead last night on the way to the restaurant. It's my favorite place.


Val bought me a book about Chicago (and wrapped it with Amy Sedaris's face).