Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holy effing snow

Last Tuesday we had a snow storm during the drive-home commute, and it took me two hours to crawl home. I cried. Yesterday we had an even worse snow storm and it took me two and half hours to get home. But apparently I was one of the lucky ones, because it took some people between three and SEVEN HOURS TO GET HOME HOLY HELL WHAT THE HELL. I don't know if there's something wrong with me—if I'm just overly sensitive to the idea of spending hours of my life in my car at least once a week, so sensitive, in fact, that while watching a light change twenty times without moving through it or even close to it, the idea of driving right into the lake makes more and more sense to me—or if people in the Chicago area are just used to this, but I seem to be the only one who is going insane. Everyone else is like, "Yeah, it took me five hours to go thirty miles! Crazy! So how about them Bears? Blagojevich! Hot dogs!" And I'm all, "I need a white wine IV and do not talk to me for a very long time."

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is the time of year when I start buying my boxed wine in bulk.

Erin said...

Tip it! You gotta tip it.

Anonymous said...

From Pattiz- Cancun...Cancun.... I just keep dreaming about...Cancun

Anonymous said...

oh gross. =\ I guess it's time to stock up on wine. Leave it in the car, and it'll be chilled for the ride home.

Lickolas said...

I think it is time for you to say goodbye to the north and move down to North Carolina already.

Christine said...

And they were still giving tickets to peoope who sliiiiid out into the intersection. If you really want to learn a great swearing routine for these situations, watch the opening scene in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I say it all the time and it definitely helps. Puts "Holy Hell, what the hell" to shame.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about this. You should do a vlog from your car the next time you're stuck in traffic, in a snow storm.