Sunday, November 23, 2008

Just kidding

Remember how I found that $10 and we all thought it must be karma? Because I'm such a do-gooder? The next day on my way home from work I got a speeding ticket (there's a PERFECTLY GOOD explanation). It was my first one, which I celebrated by going home and crying into a free beer. The officer took my license (I guess it's a standard procedure) and they'll mail it back after I pay the fine. So I've been carrying my passport around for ID, which makes me nervous, after I "lost it" in my drawer for a few months. But using my passport to buy alcohol makes me feel like I'm going on a trip, and I really like that.

Then a few days after that I got my first parking ticket, for parking during rush hour. Both tickets total $135. As if I didn't hate driving in this place enough. I think Chicago knows I want to move in the spring, so it's taking all my money so I can't afford to move and have to live here forever. I'll go silver by the time I'm thirty, like Mr. Jay Manuel.

No comments: