Monday, June 9, 2008

Wedding

This weekend my mom and I went to my cousin Shannon's wedding in Lowell, Michigan on the Lowell Showboat. (Shannon was once the Showboat Queen. Hahaha, small towns!) We watched the ceremony from the second level of the boat. Shannon is my cousin on my dad's side, but my mom is still friends with my aunt, who isn't doing well, so my mom wanted to see her. That also meant, of course, that my dad and his wife were there from California. Or as my uncle called it, the Steve and Agnes Drama Hour. And Agnes did not disappoint. She is cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

It was good to see everyone else again. I don't see the Riojas side very often. I told my cousin Audrey (who's a year younger than me) she better get married next (she's dating a pastor-in-training, so you know she will), so Dad and I can be reunited again. We've exhausted the three Bennett girls.

On the drive home I was thinking about my own wedding, and that I'd like to get married only so I can make the playlist for the DJ. The first dance will be something nice, like LeeAnn Womack "I Hope You Dance" (hahaha), then it'll scratch into some Snoop and we'll go into a hip-hop routine. Sorry, no kids allowed.






Me and Grandma.


Me and Shannon, oh god I look awful.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I think you had the best seats in the house.