Thursday, June 19, 2008

Picnic

This week is Quill Week, so we have "fun" activities like karaoke in the cafeteria during lunch, where we're forced to listen to Sweaty McTanktop from the warehouse do "Friends In Low Places," and my favorite, the Brown Bag (It) Raffle. I put all my tickets in for the handcuffs and leather set. (If you live in the Detroit area, I hope you get that HILARIOUS joke.)

This afternoon is our department picnic, which is really just an excuse to plan our day around beer. My co-worker and I were having a serious discussion earlier about should get beer at lunch, or pick some up on the way there? She said, "I have a cooler in my car, so we could get beer at lunch and put it in there… But then we'd have to get ice." (She keeps a cooler in her trunk for beer emergencies.) I was like, "Oh, yeah, that's true, good thinking, hmm..." Should we stop at the gas station or go a little out of the way to Dominick's where they have a better selection? Should we get forties or a kegger? I don't know, my head hurts, I have to lie down.

No comments: