Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tapas

Tonight I had dinner with Brendan at a tapas restaurant in Evanston. I hadn't seen him in a while, so it was fun to catch up. I laughed a lot, mostly at my jokes, and we had some wine and plate after plate. There was a guy in pink pants sitting at the table next to us, so when we got up to leave, Brendan goes, "I'm going to ask this guy where he got his pink pants." I thought he was joking, but he wasn't. So I got the hell out of there because I was mortified.

Then I walked home. It was such a nice night. Calm and light sweater. I love that I can walk to town—it reminds me of Royal Oak, and I miss that. If I got a job in Evanston I wouldn't need my car. I can walk to Jewel, restaurants, movie theater, the Gap—all the staples of life.

No comments: