Louisville was lovely this weekend. Kent said it was the perfect time to visit. All the dogwood and red bud and cherry trees were in bloom, and it smelled like spring. It felt good to be in the south and to see color. I like Louisville a lot. It's charming and even comforting. Chicago is a lot of things, but charming and comforting it's not.
I got in late on Friday, so there was only time to have a couple glasses of wine before bed. Saturday morning we went to a cute pastry shop in their neighborhood for a light treat, which for me means giant lemon tart. Then we drove into downtown Louisville and the clouds and wind picked up. We walked by the Louisville slugger museum and Kent said, "Look, it's a bat bigger than your mother." I laughed and laughed, and then I checked every tree and garbage can in the city to see if my mom had bugged it. She knows how this family talks.
We had a nice luncheon downtown, then went to the Old Louisville neighborhood for a stroll. All of the houses are interesting. There are non-street streets, too, with houses facing a pedestrian boulevard.
Saturday night uncle Bill made a delicious seafood lasagna. He's a very good cook. Everything he makes beats the pants off my dinners. Literally, my dinners have pants. I don't know how that happens. I'm not a good cook. After dinner the two of us went out for slivers of cake and ice cream from a bakery to bring back.
I wish I could've stayed longer, or that I could visit more often. I do love the south. But I don't love the drive. Although I did invent something brilliant as I was driving home. I was stuck behind an annoying bus for ten miles, which, with the way I drive, is about two minutes. I was staring at this bus and I thought, "I wish this freaking bus had a TV on it." And so my idea of the Trunk TV was born: every vehicle comes standard with a TV mounted to the back, and the person who is driving behind has control of the channels. DO NOT STEAL MY IDEA. This is going to make me rich, like that TiVo guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment