Monday, April 7, 2008

Brooklyn

This past weekend I visited Other Erin in Brooklyn. My dad got me a free flight, although I CERTAINLY paid for it. In anger dollars. First, my flight out was delayed for almost two hours, then it was CANCELLED. So I got a new flight, which was also delayed. At least United has a web cam in my brain and knows I can't go two hours without watching TV, because they showed The Office and 30 Rock. I'll give them that, but ONLY THAT.

It was so good to see Erin (NOT ME) again. We just laugh and laugh and drink some more. We've known each other since junior high school. I remember in 7th grade English we had to write letters to ourselves every month or so, and in one we wrote who we'd like to get to know better, and I said Erin. Then we went on to be college roomies. True story, true story!

On Saturday we went to Manhattan to see Young Frankenstein on Broadway, because Megan Mullally is in it. She was hilarious, but the rest of the show wasn't really our type of humor. She did a song called "Please Don't Touch Me," which Erin and I both loved because it's like, finally—someone has captured how we feel about life. ("You can hug me till I scream if it's only in a dream, but please don't touch me.")

After the show we walked around a bit, then had dinner at a Mexican restaurant in the Village. And by dinner, I mean margaritas, because that's the only thing I remember. Then we went back to Brooklyn and to Erin's neighborhood bar. That part of the night is a LITTLE fuzzy wuzzy, but I do know we went back to Erin's apartment afterward and played a lot of Super Mario Kart, which she made me bring. The night may have ended with us playing Super Mario Kart in our underwear, but I don't think we should ever talk about THAT again.

Sunday morning Erin and I finally got to watch Rock of Love together and cringe at how unattractive Daisy is (I KNOW YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT). Later, I got to the airport really early and of course my flight was delayed. But it was worth all the anger dollars in the world to see Erin. I couldn't believe I was in New York. I can't believe my friends live all over and now I only see them once or twice a year, if that.








2 comments:

Amy said...

I love the trenchcoat with the half-flipped collar. VERY nice. :)
Take me with you next time, okay?

Anonymous said...

Bones, thanks SO much for coming, it was DELIGHTFUL!...with extra sauce.

-Other Erin