Monday, February 9, 2009

Comedy

I saw one of my favorite comedians this weekend—Maria Bamford. She was hilarious and totally weird. (She did a super-funny online show called The Maria Bamford Show—here's the first episode.) Afterward I started thinking about my own career and how I need a change, and wouldn't it be great to get paid/be applauded for being totally weird? All I have to do is get over my fear of talking to people and them looking at me. Piece of rum cake, right?

So I started writing material for my act and I thought I'd try it out here first.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Okay, maybe not.

Anonymous said...

For some reason, that really made me laugh. So you may have an audience.

Anonymous said...

ER,
I hear some Jerry in your bit. What's the deal with plaid? Is it in or not? And scarves! Don't get me started on scarves. Fun or functional?

Jennifer said...

Srsly, I can see you doing it. And/or writing it. Second City has an amazing program--weekly classes or condensed "intensives." Dooooo itttttt! :)

Erin said...

Ohhh JPB, you're too kind. I'd LOVE to take classes at SC, but first I'd need, like, money and stuff. And by "stuff" I mean more money.