Friday, August 24, 2007
Storms
There was a horrible storm here yesterday. It took me three and a half hours to get home. So I did what any adult would do—I called my mom crying. How embarrassing, right. Like what is she going to do? She's in North Carolina. But I was sort of a basketbase. At one point I didn't know where I was because so many roads were closed, and traffic was moving so slowly that I thought I'd never get home. Trees and powerlines were down, lawns looked like lakes, driving down Green Bay was like forging a river. So my mom and Robert took turns talking me through it. I was sure my car would get stuck in the floods, because I passed other cars that did, so I kept saying, "I think I should just park here and walk home!" And my mom would say, "You can't walk five miles through water in an electrical storm!" Uh, yes you can!—when you're crazy!