Sunday, August 12, 2007

Chicago

Last night Colleen and I went to the Taylor Street Festa Italiana right outside her boyfriend's apartment. Oh, it was great. I ate a meatball sandwich just like a real Italian. The band Old 97s played and, miracle of miracles, I actually know who they are. Mostly because their music has been in Scrubs, and if you don't already know, I love my daily Scrubs hour. So we had fun dancing in the street with our drinks.

Also, I have a new work friend. His name is Adrian, or as I like to call him, "AAAADRIAAAAN." He offered to show me around the city, so today we had brunch on the 95th floor of the Hancock building. I ate everything from a waffle to smoked salmon and back again. The view was wonderful. Then we went to the Field Museum and the Shedd Aquarium. It was a fun, exhausting, touristy day. Although AAAADRIAAAAN is quite the low-talker. I just agree with him a lot because I don't know what he's saying. So one day I expect to find myself wearing a puffy shirt and saying, "But I don't wanna be a pirate!"



(from Colleen)