Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hot dogs

Yesterday was a lovely spring day. The sun was shining, it was 70 degrees, people were out exercising... It was a perfect day for standing in line for two hours... for HOT DOGS! Russ and I went to Hot Doug's once last year and I thought I'd never go back, because I overflowed their toilet (on a onesie!) and ran out of there without telling them. But a safe amount of time had passed. I don't really know if these hot dogs are actually good or if they just taste good after waiting in line for two hours. Or if we're just idiots.

After eating, we went back to Evanston, to the lake. It was beautifully foggy, and hard to tell where the lake ended and the sky began.

















This is my usual spot.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ER: Damn it, those hot dogs look so good. Makes my mouth water just looking at them.

P.S. I love that you had two each. But of course, right?

Jennifer said...

HolyJebus, I want me one. Or two. I thought Home Depot made the best Chicago Dogs, but I'm pretty sure you just proved me wrong.
(What, you don't like pickles??)

"...hard to tell where the lake ended and the sky began" is beautiful. :)

Erin said...

KP: You bet your sweet ass I had two. Russ couldn't even finish hers. What a wuss.

Jen: Hahaha, you need to venture outside of Home Depot. For many reasons.

Anonymous said...

ER: I want to go to a baseball game just so I can eatlovepray a foot-long hot dog.

Christine said...

Hot Doug's has truffle fries sometimes. Have some.

Anonymous said...

i can't believe you called me a wuss!! that's it e, it's on.